The first COVID 19 SELF KIT in India is the COVID 19 RAPID ANTIGENS SELF KIT.
COVID 19 Rapid Antigen Self Test Kit is made to help you take a safe rapid antigen test at home which is called as CoviSelf Kit. With this self-assessing kit, you and your family may get a test done quickly and easily with the CoviSelf kit. Visit Official website for more information
It’s an in vitro diagnostic test for detecting COVID-19 antigen in nasal swab specimens from people with or without symptoms, as well as people who have other epidemiological reasons to suspect COVID-19.
COVISELF KITS USE INSTRUCTIONS:
- While using the CoviSelf kit Wash your hands and make sure they are fully dry before starting the test procedure.
- Tear the pouch open and preserve the separate components in a safe place until you’re ready to test them.
- Create an account on the Mylab app and fill in the credentials.
- Remove the test gadget from the pouch and open it (cassette)
- Scanning the OR code on the cassette with your credentials will link the code.
- People over the age of 18 are welcome to use this.
- Adult samples collected from individuals aged 2 and up can also be tested.
Which technique of utilizing the Covid Self Kit is the most effective?
Coviself kit pre-filled buffer tube must be removed from the pouch and tap it vertically on a horizontal surface to ensure that the extraction buffer settles at the bottom.
1st step: To remove the swab, open the swab packet from the back (Do not touch the swab head) Collecting samples with a nose swab: Carefully place the sterile swab into one nostril as recommended in the kit.
Insert the swab tip up to 2-4 cm into the wound or until resistance is felt.
Taking the swab out of the nasal cavity is a good idea.
Step 2: Dip the nose swab into the extraction tube, which has been pre-filled. Swirl the nasal swab in the extraction buffer many times, squeezing the tube at the bottom to ensure the swab is thoroughly immersed. Track down the swab’s breakpoint. At the breakpoint, snap the swab. The rest of the swab can be discarded.
Make a thorough mix.
Step3:CoviSelf kit should not be left unattended.
Push the tube into the test device’s sample well, add two full drops of extracted antigen buffer mixture, and wait 10-15 minutes for the results to appear.
Within 20 minutes, you should have your results. Within 10-15 minutes, strongly favorable findings are available. After 20 minutes, the results are not valid.
POSITIVE TEST: A positive test should be regarded as a true positive, and the RT-PCR test should not be used to confirm it.
Before you start the test, go through the instructions properly. Individuals should do all tests with their consent and at their own risk, cost, and consequences, with the test findings submitted to the ICMR site using the MylabCoviSelf App.
NEGATIVE TEST: Individuals with symptoms who are negative by RAT should be linked to an RT PCR test center and then tested by RT-PCR to rule out infection. In the meanwhile, such a person will be advised to continue with home isolation and therapy, as a negative RAT result may not always be a real negative.
Concerns about safety
- It’s just good for one use.
- Internal or medical use is not recommended.
- Before using, carefully read the instruction leaflet.
- Store away from direct sunlight and humidity in a cool, dry location.